2006-06-19

vmware & kernel 2.6.16

I'm running Debian 3.1 testing.
I upgraded my kernel (to 2.6.16.18).
After the upgrade, I called vmware-config.pl, but it complained:
about the source of the kernel not having the same address space as the running kernel:
"The kernel defined by this directory of header files does not have the same
address space size as your running kernel."
Funny since I compiled the .deb myself in that subdir. (using "make-kpkg kernel_image")

So after some looking around, I found a page that suggested to install the any-any-update for vmware:


cd /tmp;
site=http://mirror.vmmatrix.net/vmware-any-any-update/
arch=vmware-any-any-update101
curl ${site}${arch}.tar.gz | tar zx -
if [ ! ${?} ]; then echo "error extracting $arch" >&2; exit -1; fi
cd ${arch} && su - -c "./runme.pl"


and it helped me, since a following successfull vmware-config.pl execution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home